at 1 o’clock
Within the 1 Hour Owners Radio Podcast In the present day, Owners TV In the present day is heading to LA! Plus, an thrilling announcement about our new podcast. Additionally, drainage choices for container pots and the best way to connect a picket fence to bricks.
Take heed to Jam 2 to learn to paint darkish wooden panels, take away wax from laminate flooring, and extra.
In the present day’s Home-owner Heads to LA
Two weeks in the past, I traveled to Pasadena, California, to attend the forty ninth Annual Inventive Arts and Way of life Emmy Awards ceremony.
In the present day’s Home-owner was nominated within the Wonderful A number of Digital camera Enhancing Class. Despite the fact that we did not win an Emmy, I had a good time with Chelsea and my outdated mates and workers Brad Rodgers and Scott Gardner.
Our mates at “This Outdated Home” have been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award, and I met Richard Trethewey and Tom Silva on the purple carpet.
Despite the fact that we got here residence empty handed, we made some incredible recollections.
We simply launched a brand new podcast referred to as “Ask Danny.”
Every week, I invite knowledgeable visitors to reply ceaselessly requested questions of their area of interest, present options, and trade humorous, scary, or uncommon tales that can assist you deal with your subsequent challenge.
Consider it as I am sitting at the back of a truck at a job website speaking to a different residence enchancment knowledgeable.
Take heed to the primary episode now and keep tuned for future episodes.
Drainage Choices for Container Pots
I simply learn your article about placing gravel in planting pots. What do you place within the backside of a pot that has drainage holes so the potting soil does not drain?
Line the underside of the pot with a small piece of panorama material. Use glue to carry the material in place. This can enable the water to empty and preserve the soil in place. You may as well use a espresso filter, a bit of display, or pottery shards over the outlet earlier than including the filth.
Connect Picket Railing to Brick
Frances in Georgia wished to know, “In In the present day’s Home-owner TV episode “Insuring an Straightforward Future,” how was the brand new fence placed on the bricks?”
The important thing to attaching this picket fence to the brick is the Tapcon screws. Here is how we do it:
- First, we measure the peak and association of the 2×2 spindle.
- Then, drill countersink holes into the bricks with a pilot drill bit.
- Earlier than we connect the spindle to the bricks, we apply development adhesive for additional assist and water resistance.
- Subsequent, we drilled Tapcon screws via the 2×2 shaft, deep into the brick and a couple of quarter inch into the shaft.
- Having drilled the spindle into the bricks, we patch the screws with wooden putty and paint the fence.
At 2 o’clock
In Hour 2 of the Owners In the present day Radio Podcast, learn to paint darkish wooden panels, take away wax from laminate flooring, and extra.
Darkish Wooden Panel Portray
Betty Leach in Bettendorf, Iowa, puzzled: “Is it attainable to color darkish wooden panels?”
The reply is sure! This can be a five-step course of:
- Clear: Clear the panel to take away any filth or grease.
- Patches: Putty all nail holes and seal any cracks, then let dry.
- Sand: Barely sand the floor of the panel with 100 grit sandpaper in order that the primer sticks.
- Foremost: Paint the panels utilizing a stain-resistant 100% latex base paint that’s coloured to match the colour of the partitions. An oil-based primer can be used if desired.
- Paint: Lastly, coat the partitions with two coats of latex wall paint.
Here’s a video on the best way to paint wooden panels.
Take away Wax from Laminate Ground
Michelle Brown in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, has a plastic laminate kitchen flooring. Just lately, her husband waxed the ground, however now he is aware of that laminate flooring shouldn’t be waxed.
What’s one of the best ways to take away wax?
Laminate flooring has a manufacturing unit end that does not soak up wax. When you wax the ground like this, it’ll make it look cloudy.
To take away wax with out damaging laminate flooring, combine a 50-50 resolution of water and vinegar. Use cooking vinegar, as backyard vinegar is just too acidic and might spoil the end.
Begin with a small spot in an not easily seen space to see the way it reacts. If that does not assist a lot, add as much as 25 % vinegar.
Finest New Merchandise
|Coloring wooden? Behr Premium Quick Drying Water-Based mostly Wooden Stain supplies wealthy colour and dries inside an hour. Study extra >>|
Shingle roof restore — You probably have asphalt shingles which might be punctured or torn by the wind, you need not substitute them.
As a rule, you possibly can repair it in just some minutes.
- First, minimize a bit of galvanized metallic that’s flashing half an inch narrower and 4 inches longer than the damaged shingle tab.
- Then, use a flat blade to pry out the entire broken shingles and pry up about three inches of shingle on both aspect.
- Subsequent, apply a thick bead of roofing cement alongside the highest fringe of the flashing, and a narrower one alongside the underside edge.
- Tuck the flashing beneath the damaged shingles — with the roof cement beads going through down.
- Place it fully out of line on high and on each side, overlaying your entire tab.
- Press down, then raise the broken shingles and apply two extra beads of roof cement to the highest floor of the flash.
- Press the shingles down and the restore is full.
Watch: Flashing Metallic Asphalt Roof Shingle Restore
Making a Massive Gap within the Tile — There are various conditions when it’s essential to drill a big diameter gap into an present ceramic wall, equivalent to to accommodate a protruding water provide line, drain pipe, or bathe valve.
You should buy a carbide tipped gap noticed, however it’s very costly, so strive these Easy Options:
- Begin by marking the define of the outlet within the tile, after which use a set of nails to punch a collection of shafts alongside the road.
- Subsequent, take a quarter-inch diameter rock drill bit and drill holes via the tiles in every divot created by the nail set.
- Now use a hammer and chilly chisel to chop the glass between every gap.
- Then use your hammer to faucet across the gap and knock out the tile plug.
Watch: Drill a Massive Gap in Tile
Different Merchandise & Hyperlinks Talked about
Radio Exhibits & Podcasts: Ship us your questions!
You probably have feedback, common residence enchancment questions, or one thing we characteristic on In the present day’s Home-owner, please fill out this manner:
#Todays #Dwelling #House owners #Radio #Present #July